Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Morning Excuses

Tired of reading everybody's blogs about how they got this place and that place or how they drove the field for countless miles and secured a podium spot? If you are, then you've come to the right spot.

While we are all waiting for the photos to come in from around the interblogospherelistserves, we want to introduce a special feature of yougotdropped; Monday Morning Excuses.

This is designed for those of you that got dropped but don't know if it was encapsulated on digital film yet for all interwebbers to view. Therefore, we want to give you, the dropped bike racer, the opportunity to share your story with everybody before we have you all to ourselves. 

So...have at it and prepare for droppage.

(this should be good thanks to the walkersville 30mph winds)

6 comments:

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

Hoovis' Walkersville excuse:

The goddamn neutral wheel guy didn't draft me back up to the field after he changed my flat. What a friggin' wanker!

Hoovis' Fawn Grove excuse:

I had dust in my lungs! Plus that race was so far out in the friggin' boonies, I spent a bunch of energy worring that a half dozen hick millitia guys might jump out of the brush, knock me off my bike, and have their way with me. (Squeal like a piggie...!)

I know those are pretty weak, but it is early.

Maybe you'll get some better ones...

Jesse said...

leamateurdomestique Walkersville 1/2/3 excuse:
I am not fast enough...simple. Also, I think I may have had a little sand in my Vaj.

Kyle Jones said...

Jesse's last one is the one lance uses all the time.

ken said...

I think you should reserve a spot for the select few who always show up for the 1/2/3 race get in the way of the guys actually trying to race, drop out make an excuse then show up next week probably a pound or two heavier expecting a different result. If you dont think thats a good idea let me know and I will start a new page a dedicate it to those guys!

KOA said...

Fawn Grove excuse...
easily powered away with 4 other guys to chase down the solo breakaway and missed a little dark green course (that'a'way) sign. To my defense, it was on a steep downhill and i was on the back of the chase having done my pull and they all went the wrong way...i followed.

TerribleTerry said...

Ken, I think all the guys out there are getting in the way while I'm trying to race. But glad you're so humble.